This week I wanted to try a play that I’ve done before but honestly couldn’t remember how to do correctly. After reading about the HPA , I thought about the lessons I’ve been teaching surrounding Harry Potter. I’ve been trying to figure out how to teach Harry Potter well, so I’ve been structuring it similarly to teaching The City of Ember in the fall. I chose to make two gifs, one from the City of Ember, and one from the first Harry Potter.
I first used makeagif.com and found that I couldn’t embed the gifs I made. So I switched to giphy.com and found two different types of embed codes. The gifs are embedded below. At least, they should be.
Here’s where my frustrations lie with the gif websites. My screen shows right now that the gifs are visible and playing. However, when I preview this post, the gifs are gone! Here’s a screenshot of what the post looks like before being published:
The gifs are visible and playing on my screen! I know one way to work around the failure of an embed code is to upload the video to YouTube, and then embed that link. However, I’m running into an obstacle here. These gifs are from trailers for films. If I upload them to YouTube, they’ll be quickly removed due to copyright infringement.
So to make sure the gifs are visible somewhere, I tweeted out links to the two gifs (assuming they don’t work here). Let’s call this the second quality fail in two weeks. If there are suggestions out there for how to fix the problem, I am ready to hear them!